Thursday, May 11, 2017

{ Sickie wickie }

Scottie got sick...again! Like are you for real? This week has been really hard trying to keep her hydrated, suctioned, happy...well Scottie truly is always happy. I've been blessed with the happiest, smilie-est baby there ever was. Even when she's feeling as icky as she does now, she's smiling. I love her for that.

It's scary because I'm having major PTSD every time I have to suction her out. The RSV Hospital visit was NO JOKE. We went through a lot. Scottie went through a lot.

The poor girl has been through SO much in just four 1/2 short months of her life. She's truly blessed with strength, I can tell that about her already.

I'm going to start writing letters to her every week. I know. I know. A challenge in itself :) but I hope one day she can read them to truly understand how she's already changed our lives and grown into this beautiful lady. My mother did this when I was a baby and I was able to reflect back and read certain things about myself as a baby. I thought, hey! Scottie does that too. It's funny how genetics and personalities are passed down through generations. I hope I'm benefiting my posterity somehow...giving them some good traits.

Scottie:

Sweet girl! I'm so sorry that you got sick again. Mom feels really bad and cried in Japan when she heard your nose get congested...it reminded her of the scary five day hospital stay when you got RSV. Scottie I love you so much! Even when you're feeling sick, you still smile. It makes mom happy to know you're happy. I do everything for you. I worry about you. Mom and dad pray for your strength and health always. Keep smiling for us. You're growing like crazy. You're already tucking your knees under your belly trying to crawl! You crazy girl.

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment