Tuesday, May 23, 2017

{ Her First Meal }

Today I gave Scottie her first taste of real food! Can you call it real food? Haha her face definitely showed how she was feeling.

I've been trying to feed her rice cereal for a week now. Every time I try, she looks at me like, "What in the world did you just put in my mouth." So I thought, ok why not try it. I tried it and it. was. AWFUL! How can we make babies eat this stuff?!

So, I decided ok. Well maybe she'll eat it if I mix in some flavor. I bought these pureed organic apple, oranges, and carrots mixes that I squirted into her rice cereal.

She ate it!

Still a little confused with the spoon, but she definitely ate more of it than usual. She gave me a great big smile at the end so I'm thinking we have a winner. Dr. Hansen told me to do veggies before fruit so that they don't just eat the sweet stuff. I figured it had carrots in it, right? I also bought a few sweet potatoes that I'll give a try before I go back to the sweet stuff. I'm so that mom that's going to make her own baby food. I mean, like I said. How can we make our babies eat that rancid stuff?! The canned baby food SMEEEELLLS. SO bad. Poor babies.

Scottie is too funny. She makes me laugh every day and is a dream come true. I think I had a little postpartum depression, which was hard. I think it had to do with several things that has happened since Scottie was born, but still. Depression. I wasn't smiling. But today I am.

I love this girl with all my heart. She's my dream come true and what a lucky mom I am to have such an angel baby. God knew I needed her.

Until next time,

KRR

No comments:

Post a Comment