Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life is good again.

Can I just say I loved this weekend?! One, I was not stressed at ALL! (which honestly says something-great weekend) and two, I spent the weekend with people I loved the most and was able to hear lots of inspiring things. Conference. What a beautiful thing. And the funny thing is that conference comes just at the perfect time. It's just in time for when I'm about to give up on life. BUT, I was able to get a few good things out of this weekend. I just need to remember these things:

Elder Uchtdorf: "Satan deceives us through discouragement. But what matters to Jesus is that we are doing the best that we can. If we do the best we can, all will be well." 

"The most powerful being of the universe loves you. He sees you as his child. He sees you as the individual that you are deisnged to become."

Carl B. Cook: "Now remember, its better to look up" -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

"Let us remember him and not hang down our heads."

Thomas S. Monson: "Nothing will bring more peace to our souls, if we keep the commandments and have the spirit."

"Inspiration and guidance are gifts that he freely gives us as long as we seek them."

"Remember the Lords promise, to those that trust in him, fear thou not, for I am with thee. I am thy god, I will strengthen thee and hold thee."

"Realize how close to us he is, how far he will come for us."

Great right?! Conference just puts a smile on my face. Especially Pres. Monson. He is the man! "Hello!" Like seriously, what a cutie. I'm so grateful to have this amazing gospel in my life. It truly shapes me into who I need to be.


I took Kuma on a perfect fall night walk. I was slightly late for the sunset but I still saw some sweet things! I love the clouds in this pic.

Oh and I made those cinnamon goodies from scratch. Nbd. Just pounded the dough and erraythang. I was sort of proud of myself. Kuma was even hungry for them!


Spent the day with this crazy girl. Love her more than she knows. Singing at the top of our lungs, voices cracking, laughing so hard we cant talk about how bad we are at singing. We tried to support the Aggies while surrounded by 50 thousand BYU old people fans. It was fun. Oh and downed delicious salads from Costa Vida. What up. 

So all in all...I had a perfect weekend. Thanks friends and fam!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Excited to follow you on this here blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahya!!!!! I love all the quotes from conf. AND I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOGGY LAYOUT. What up-Kumi's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO TRUE. I love conference and this weekend was MUCH needed. It was so good to catch up last night. Can't WAIT to talk to you next. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete