Tuesday, February 21, 2017

{ Scottie Yuki Ryther | 2 Months }

Weight: TBD
Height: TBD

Scottie's two months old!

I look back on the last month and don't really know WHAT in the world happened. I feel like I've been living in a dream. Our poor girl got sick just as she hit 1 month. Her sneezing started to sound raspy, started coughing, choking, and then the vomiting. The tiny thing couldn't keep anything down and when she tried to eat, she couldn't because she couldn't breathe out of her nose. Long story short, we took her to the ER and admitted her for RSV. Poor babe was on oxygen and in the hospital for five days. Cam and I camped out on a tiny chair, yes, chair. Not couch, but a chair that pulled out into a bed and we somehow maneuvered it so that we could both sleep on it. There was no way we were leaving our babes side.

Finally after 13 long days of being sick, myself included, we started feeling better! Since then, we've been trying to keep ourselves quarantined while still taking our occasional trips to Target :) What I can say is that we will always have a huge bottle of hand sanitizer on our kitchen table.

Scottie is VERY alert! She's always looking around and gets bored when you sit in one place. Loves to walk around and see the world. She's starting to find her voice, talks to the toys above her swing, and loves to give Cam and I several huge gummy smiles throughout the day. It's the absolute best when she wakes up in the morning and you stick your head over the bassinet and she gives you the biggest smile like "Hi! You found me!".

The hair situation is starting to get under control...kind of. She had a "craig" hair-do for a long time, baldie up top and party on the sides. But she's finally starting to get more peach fuzz on top! I'm hoping the hair stays and that she finally gets some luscious locks.

Scottie eats. non. stop. She's always eating! I think she's going through a growth spurt because if she's not eating, she's dreaming or crying/begging me for the next feeding. I've had a hard time getting my milk supply back up since I've been sick so that's been kind of hard for me. Talk about a mind consuming thing! People tell you not to stress or it will affect your supply, well, I stress. How do you not?? So I've been trying to pump to help with that situation. Hopefully I'm giving her enough because she's a huuungry girl.

We're so proud of our girl for punching RSV in the face (literally she karate chopped it in the pic below) and making it out alright. We love her so!

Until next time,

KRR










No comments:

Post a Comment